Sunday, November 16, 2008

Technique resist

Technique resist
Technique resist,
originally uploaded by Clarian's Hawk.
I used the patterned paper that you can see on the left and the circle; used Hero Arts Design block Happiness Grows to clear resist, then used Distressed inks Shabby Shutter (green), Spiced Marmalade (orange) and Dusty Concord (purple) to swipe over the patterned paper. The green didn't make the embossed pattern show up because there wasn't enough contrast - another stamp would be better, however after application of the darker inks, it did show up - kind of ghostly images. I thought it was rather dark, so used some coordinated paper that came with the base cardstock (Miss Elizabeth - 99 cent store), some ribbon and gold pearls to lighten the mood of the card. After I'd gotten it all together, I fell in love with it. Isn't it fun when you try something different?

I used grossgrain ribbon and since it's a thicker type of ribbon, I just tied a knot in the ribbon. I like the way it turned out here. I do have an issue with bow tying, it's usually that if I get a good bow, I have so much extra to cut off. Oh well. I am glad that on the Hero Arts blog, karylim posted a link to a tutorial for tying a bow. I wanted to include it here also.

No comments: