Wednesday, May 27, 2009

This past weekend

Almost June, can you believe it? Over the Memorial Day weekend, I enjoyed some crafting and a couple of outings.

A life-long friend of my beautiful and talented daughter-in-law, Rosalie, graduated from college with a Bachelor's degree in Interior Design. We had a wonderful time at the party on Saturday. The kids got to decorate and take home flip-flops. Wonderful food and conversation. A beautiful day out - temperature was perfect. So happy to see Hope complete her education and achieve her dream.

On Sunday, I had some time to craft and made three cards with colors I don't think I've ever used together. I'm not a fan of yellow, certainly not a mustard to almost goldenrod color. Not sure I'll ever buy this color again, not even sure where it came from, but I do like the dramatic cards the yellow combined with other colors produced. I was only going to create a card based on Avital Gerner's layout at Creativity Prompt and was working with tans and creams, but wanted a good vivid color too - grabbed this yellow card that I had been trying to work through my printer for a backing for one of my ATC cards that didn't work out. Stamped the cards with different sets of Hero Arts stamps and added a Tim Holtz stamp on the card featuring the man with the umbrella and saying. Made this card:
Abstract triangles 052509, then went on to make a card with a stamped yellow stripe on black. Used two border punches by Martha Stewart here:
Black & Yellow 052909 and then spied one left-over piece of yellow and wanted to use the man with the umbrella stamp. I glued the rest of the papers I worked with on the first "rayed" card and glued them all to the front of the notecard. I used the Cuttlebug and Nestibilities to cut a black border to frame the stamped image:
Live the Life 052509

I'm so pleased with these and amazed that I used that yellow paper at all.

And last, but not least, we celebrated a late Mother's Day - went out to eat at "The Cheesecake Factory" and thoroughly enjoyed the experience... I was amazed at the menu - a book of delights and we did NOT have desert - for a lunch, I still have left-overs... I think I might go back just for desert.

No comments: