Thursday, September 17, 2009

Dreamin' ATC

Dreamin' ATC
Dreamin' ATC,
originally uploaded by Clarian's Hawk * Arlene.
FIRST TIME COLORING WITH COPICS... wow - they are sweet.

I picked up a couple of skin tones, some reds, which I use most, 3 in the blue tones, an orange, a yellow, 2 brown tones so that I could color most anything. I can make a green from mixing yellow on the bottom and blue on the top, but wish I had purchased a couple greens. The green I used in this ATC was a marker which I then took some yellow and blue to highlight the leaves. Where there's a will, there's a way. I haven't used thiscute House Mouse stamp in 10 years and it just seemed the perfect stamp to test my new Copic Markers with.

I distressed the cardstock with Distressed inks: Worn Lipstick, Concord Grape, Shabby Shutters, & Broken China for the background. I stamped the cardstock, stamped again on white cardstock & cut out the image, then colored the image. I cut two different sets of grapes and a large grape & glued them back onto the grapes after coloring. I thought he looked like he was dreaming. I took a Hero Arts stamp and stamped the hearts so it looks like he's dreaming hearts, Hero Arts hearts.



.

No comments: