Sunday, January 9, 2011

Envies and the company they keep

I am in a swap in Swap-bot for decorated envelopes - three - I couldn't imagine spending time on one, much less three... but oh well. When I finished them, I thought I'd put them away and look at them again, because I thought they were too too busy... they may very well still be too busy, but now at least I like them. hehe..

The flowers on the right are from the new 2011 Hero Arts catalog, "Special Note of Thanks"(CL499). I just inked up part of the stamp and kept stamping in Rangers Distress Ink Frayed Burlap. Then I colored some of the flowers in with markers and white pencil. I used a couple wonderful stamps - the large bird is an oldie and I'll have to look for the brand, the other birds are from Tim Holtz, and aptly title "The Birds." The third envelope has a new HA stamp too - "Getting Ready" (CG265) that is so cute. I used Distress Ink Vintage Photo to stamp and Antique Linen to swirl directly from the pad onto the card. A new Hampton stamp with three wonderful ladies is also stamped and colored in. I'm happy with them. Happy Stamping!


2 comments:

Dawn T said...

your envelopes look awesome Arlene.

Barb said...

I don't think they're too busy at all, Arlene! Love each one!