Monday, October 31, 2011

Card Patterns again - take 139!

I really must like sketches - I think a sketch leaves me the never mind about the sketch, it's already done, just fill the thing in with STUFF...  I was pretty literal with my interpretation - not much interpreting done.... see mine... The map is from the Hero Arts Digital Design Kit, The Art of Style.  I just love this disk.  I printed it out in shades of gray, then sponged distress inks Wild honey, Broken China, And Frayed Burlap.  I sponged Wild Honey and Frayed Burlap on the base card stock also.  The Book Mark digital is from the same disk.  The book mark is sponged with Milled Lavender, Broken China, and Frayed Burlap.  I used a couple Copic markers to highlight the hair and a couple points on the lady's dress.  The sentiment is a Hero Arts stamp from Everyday Sayings, CL342. Black Enamel Accents is added and the map sprayed with a mixture of Perfect Pearls "blue" in water.  Nice and shimmery in real life.  

Not much creativity, but I do have a card now ready for my annual card give-away at work to my fellow workers.  I don't know, but there's something I really like about this card.  

2 comments:

ivy said...

hi arlene! love the map and all the distress inks you used. thanks for stopping by my blog & visiting.

whoistracy said...

Gorgeous! I love the vintage feel this has to it. So glad you could play along with us on Card Patterns this week!