Wednesday, May 2, 2012

it's Raining Pearls - at least one!

The challenge at Lily Pad Cards: Make a card that’s got some rain or rain-related images/thoughts/product, etc.   There are no product restrictions.  I think this pretty rain booted gal is perfect for this challenge.  You can see the Eifel Tower on the kraft background which is distressed with Ranger inks Frayed Burlap and Worn Lipstick.  The umbrella is stamped on patterned paper and attached by glue dots.  I thought she should capture one of the pearls that rain down.  Hope you like her. :)
What a fantastic challenge - visit Lily Pad Cards!

When I went to a Stamp Convention in town about three weeks ago, I had to get this stamp by Denami.  I like the sketchy design of this wonderful image.  True, she's dressed for the rain, but as soon as I saw her, I thought of Christmas colors and the first card I made was a Xmas card.   The line across from the trees is not on the card, nor did I find it on anything else, but I'm not going to re-capture this image right now.  Doesn't she look fantastic in traditional colors of red, white, and green?  Her clothes and umbrella are dazzling with Clear Glossy Accents and fine glitter lightly dusted over the Glossy Accents while wet.


6 comments:

Virginia L. said...

These are darling, Arlene! Love your dress-up doll card! When you create these cards, did you feel like a little girl playing dress-up? I bet you had fun! HUGS!

Dawn T said...

what adorable cards Arlene. Love the fluffy top to her boots in the Christmas card. Too cute

Cindy C. said...

These are so cute Arlene!!

Paulina said...

This card is so fun! You were so creative with your use of the Mimi in the Rain stamp!

Sometime we would LOVE for you to join us in a DeNami blog challenge. Our next one starts on May 7th! http://denami.blogspot.com

Kathy (krolski) said...

Both cards are great Arlene! Love the red, white and green. :) Also, thanks for watching my 1st card tutorial. I appreciate your comments.

Lin said...

I love that it's raining pearls, Arlene! Great take on the rain challenge - so glad that you joined us at Lily Pad Cards!