Thursday, April 4, 2013

A little bit of Washi can do the trick




I had the card put together, but it NEEDED something, just a little something.  I slanted some Washi tape across the right bottom corner and loved the way it seemed to bring the card alive.  I colored the large glass gem with Copic marker Lipstick Red, (R29) and placed it in the opposite corner, then, literally downsizing each gem as I leaped from corner to corner I colored, waited impatiently for each gem to dry, and popped a gem in a corner.  Washi tape is sometimes just the perfect "little bit" you need.
Try Tone's Washi Tape here.http://www.washitapes.nl/

Check out Die Cut Divas for the April challenge.  Washi tape is fun and fast and easy to remove if you make a mistake, not that I ever make a mistake... or two! :)

A great big thanks goes to Scottie Crafts for sponsoring Die Cut Divas this month. 

Thank you to 

Washi Tape
Whoopsidaisy digi stamp
Copic markers
Cuttlebug
Spellbinders Die-Cuts
The Paper Studio embossing folder

2 comments:

Pajalu said...

Arlene this is a gorgeous card. I really love how you used the Washi tape it really adds to the card.

Dawn T said...

Arlene... you rock with your washi. And it really makes this card pop.