Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Guest Appearance by the FAB Anne Gaal!

Anne Gaal!

More to share about the fantastic artist who let herself be talked into being my May guest on Die Cut Divas challenge blog here.

Before you head on over, I have a secret to tell you.  Shhhh... I made a TIPS section about masculine cards for myself after reading Anne's blog here.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who captured Anne's words of wisdom.  I think one of my fellow artists   This is the condensed version here, like those condensed Reader's Digest books my mother used to receive.

Tip 1: Select masculine colors

1.Choose masculine colors: blues, grays, burnt oranges, red, black.  Ilove Anne's reference to colors in a rich wood-paneled library or club. 
2.If your guy is modern and contemporary try charcoal gray with orange or fresh green. 
3.Alternatively, if your guy is outdoorsy, earth tones would make good picks. 
4. Try to imagine the colors they might use in a men’s cologne ad.  (I really like this one - Anne is one step ahead

Tip 2: Select masculine shapes

1. Anne  recommends that you choose a focal element that has a masculine shape, such as a star.
2.What is a masculine shape? That’s a good question. Traditionally, feminine shapes are more fluid and curving, whereas masculine shapes are more angular and linear. So a square, triangle, or star would be more masculine than an oval, circle, or scallops. A label shape that has some pointy elements or a pennant or flag shape would also work well as shapes that have more of a masculine flair.

Tip 3: Use textures to your advantage

1.  Use textures on a masculine card – especially metals or metalics. 
2. Other good textures include cork, leather, and woodgrain, Also rick rack and brads.  

There are many times when I'm not sure what I want to do that I read My Gaal Tips, but why don't you just go to the blog to see her card and  post !

Alright, already,  GO see what's next

No comments: