Sunday, November 1, 2015

One Layer Inlaid Die Cut Card

One Layer Inlaid Die Cut Card.  Say that twice!  But that's what this is.  I stamped this card in the new Ombre inks from Hero Arts.  I believe it was in a class by Jennifer McGuire that I first learned about one layer inlaid cards.  Yes, it is one layer and it uses a die-cut.  I thought it might work well here, but you never know, the colors might clash, the image might not be suitable to using this technique , any of a number of things that might not work, but out of the hundreds, this one DOES WORK.

I stamped two different scenes, one with the "Light Ruby to Royal Red"  and "Butter to Orange".  I die-cut the darker one to fit inside the light colored image.  Because I stamped the image high on the card stock, I could insert whatever sentiment I wished below the image to good effect.   Almost any sentiment will work.
Supplies:
a2z Stapbooking Hero Arts Winter Tree Scene 
Hero Arts Ombre Inks Light Ruby to Royal Red and Butter to Orange
Hero Arts My Words (CL695 - older clear set not in production)

I hope you’ll join in the a2z Scrapbooking November Challenge here and make a "One Layer" card with your Hero Arts stamps, dies and stencils. And, if you need some new supplies, don’t forget to shop at a2z Scrapbooking..  Don’t forget that we are on TwitterInstagram and Facebook.  Follow us on these different social media outlets so you won’t miss out on any fun promotions!  

You can use code Arlene15 at checkout to receive 15% off your purchase of $25 or more (before tax and shipping).  Don’t forget that we are on TwitterInstagram and Facebook.  Follow us on these different social media outlets so you won’t miss out on any fun promotions!

Arlene

4 comments:

Cindy C. said...

Beautiful design!!!

Judy1223 said...

Arlene, what a great technique! This card is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Helen Gullett said...

Fabulous card, Arlene!

Monika Reeck said...

Lovely technique and love the two different colors of the tree
Beautifully made Arlene
hugs
Monika