Saturday, June 4, 2016

Just Flitting By To Say Hi

These are my samples for the new "To Die For" challenge at a2z Scrapbooking.  

This is something a little bit different for me - using part of a die on purpose.  I used that wonderful large Hero Arts Butterfly die to cut out part of a panel of graded colored paper, my stash from a great buy at Michaels a couple years back.  The first card, my butterfly die took a big piece of paper with it.  I wonder where it went.  I popped the panel up on form tape and it is amazing in real life.  I used the die that goes with a new butterfly stamp set with it's sentiment to finish this card.
Hero Arts Butterfly Fancy Dies

Do you realize that the butterfly on this card is the cut-out from the panel above/  Doesn't even look like it, does it?  It's not the photographing either.  The cards really do look the way they appear on this post.  The butterfly was such a soft color that I went with softer colors for background.  I have added one item here that is not Hero Arts, but some hearts from the Elizabeth Craft Designs Poppy the Owl die cut set.  I've found these hearts to be a perfect size in several of my future cards.  I cut the hearts from the same panel as the butterfly.  
Hero Arts Butterfly Fancy Die
Supplies for both cards:

I don't often use a negative of the die because I use every space on my paper, no extra paper goes into the trash unless it's beyond use.  This is an exception to the rule.   I hope you enjoy and bring out your negative side, just as I did.  For once, having a negative side isn't so bad.  

My next "To Die For" card will be on June 20th.

You can use code Arlene15 at checkout for a2z Scrapbooking to receive 15% off your purchase of $25 or more (before tax and shipping).  Don’t forget that we are on TwitterInstagram and Facebook.  Follow us on these different social media outlets so you won’t miss out on any fun promotions!

Hope you’ll join in our June Challenge of "To Die For" with your Hero Arts stamps, dies and stencils. And, if you need some new supplies, don’t forget to shop at a2z Scrapbooking.. You can find this post at a2z Scrapbooking.

Arlene

3 comments:

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Just so beautiful.


Thank you for sharing with us over here at Classic Design Team Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
[Annette Registered Owner/Admin for Classic Design Team Challenge]

Greta said...

These are wonderful, Arlene! 2 very different cards--love them both!

Carla's Cards said...

Pretty card!
Thank you for sharing with us here today at Classic Design Team Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
[Carla DT for Classic Design Team Challenge]