Sunday, September 4, 2016

Coffee Cup Tags

Are you making tags?  This is only the fourth day of the a2z Scrapbooking Tag Challenge for September.  Come along and join us.  I'm making Christmas tags because I couldn't resist the new Coffee Cup Tags.  Honestly, WHO COULD? I didn't realize these were meant to be tags because in the Hero Arts Winter catalog, I see these on cards.  Imagine my surprise when I actually realized the name.  I thought, how unoriginal I was to use these as tags.   Even though the dies come separate for the cup and the whipped cream on top, these are one piece tags.  I've made 11 tags in all.
Hero Arts Coffee Tag Tags & Frames

a2z picmonkey Pink Coffee Tag Sep 2016

a2z Coffee PicmonkeyTags Sep 2016
  1. I stamped the cups first, leaving room enough to stamp the cream on top on lots of tags (twice as many stamped as tags shown here)  MISTI is wonderful for this.
  2. I cut the paper in coffee cup sizes.  
  3. I die cut the cup, leaving the top of the die cut over the edge of the plate on my Cuttlebug, so the outline was cut, but not the top rim.
  4. I then turned the image around so the cream die (long edge) bottom hung off the plate on my Cuttlebug, so the cream was cut, but not the rim sitting on top of the cup.
  5. I just only had to cut a small piece where the dies didn't overlap.
And there you have the simple story of using two dies on one image for one die cut image.  I haven't use my NEON Hero Arts Inks in awhile, so I had a go with them.

List of supplies:
Hero Arts Coffee Cup Tags available at a2z Scrapbooking (these may be sold out, check for them.  They also come in a set with the die cuts.
Hero Arts Coffee Cup Tag Frame Cuts available at a2z Scrapbooking
Hero Arts Neon inks Neon Green, Neon Blue, Neon Pink and Neon Purple
Misti - stamp all the cups, then set the cream on top stamp and just move the paper to get perfect images
Nuvo Crystal Drops  (Glitter Drops Ruby Slippers) - I bought these through the a2z store.
Cuttlebug
Ribbons

You can use code Arlene15 at checkout to receive 15% off your purchase of $25 or more (before tax and shipping).  If you need craft items that you don’t see in the store, don’t forget you can special order them here at the A2ZScrapbooking Store.  You can find my sample at A2Z

 Hope you’ll join in the September Challenge of "Make It a Tag" with your Hero Arts stamps, dies and stencils. And, if you need some new supplies, don’t forget to shop at a2z Scrapbooking.

4 comments:

Pajalu said...

Gorgeous tags Arlene, you are making me thirsty ;). I love the colours and the way you made them sounds like a great technique to try.

Unknown said...

This is very educational content and written well for a change. It's nice to see that some people still understand how to write a quality post!
my blog

Unknown said...

Give a made-to-order mug from www.gearbubble.com/gbstore/discountstore Discount Store to someone special, or treat yourself to a design that brings you joy or makes you laugh. Create your own photo mug, shop our collection of the funniest joke mugs, personalize your mug with a monogram, or express yourself with one of our 10 million designs.
Available in 11-ounce or 15-ounce. Dimensions: 11-ounce: 3.8” h x 3.2” diameter 15-ounce:4.5” high x 3.4” diameter. Microwave and dishwasher safe. Strong, high-grade ceramic construction. So don’t wait to order yours! Visit us at www.gearbubble.com/gbstore/discountstore for more designs and photos.

Unknown said...

Looks really pretty and its has educational content. Well done!

If you guy's are interested to create your own coffee mug design, please follow this link for more information and pictures https://www.gearbubble.com/